Salesforce (NYSE: CRM) and Google Cloud have expanded their strategic partnership to enable businesses to optimize data cloud and AI capabilities for personalized customer experiences, gain deeper customer insights, and streamline marketing, sales, service, and commerce operations while reducing costs.
This collaboration introduces two innovative data and AI solutions that facilitate real-time data sharing and enhance predictive and generative AI capabilities. These advancements empower businesses to effectively utilize their data and customized AI models, resulting in improved customer insights and reduced costs, risks, and data synchronization complexities across various platforms.
The significance of this partnership lies in the fact that while 80% of businessmen acknowledge the importance of data for decision-making, 41% face challenges due to complex and inaccessible data that limits its usefulness. The newly integrated solutions aim to address this issue by providing seamless access to and understanding of data, enabling companies to leverage their data for AI-driven insights that enhance customer experiences.
Now, let’s take a closer look at the key features that transform business data into actionable insights and personalized experiences:
Salesforce Data Cloud + Google BigQuery:
The integration between Salesforce Data Cloud and Google BigQuery simplifies the creation of unified customer profiles, enabling the delivery of highly personalized experiences. By enabling seamless data access across platforms and clouds, this integration establishes a centralized location for data, eliminating the need for complex copying or data transformation processes (ETL). This approach reduces costs and complexity while ensuring data governance and trust.
Salesforce Data Cloud + Google Vertex AI:
Through the integration of Salesforce Data Cloud and Google Cloud Vertex AI, customers can import their own models built in Vertex AI from Google Cloud and utilize them anywhere on the Salesforce Platform. Leveraging information from Salesforce’s Customer 360, this integration helps address unique challenges faced by each organization, such as predicting the likelihood of customer purchases or churn.
The integration offers zero-copy data access for AI model training, optimizing companies’ AI investments by providing immediate access to unified customer data. This streamlines model development and enhances the accuracy and efficiency of AI predictions and insights.
Here are a few examples of how different industries can leverage Salesforce’s Data Cloud and Google’s BigQuery and Vertex AI to enhance customer experiences and personalize interactions:
- Fashion Retailer: By combining CRM data (e.g., customer purchase history and service interactions) with non-CRM data (e.g., real-time online activity or social media sentiment), a fashion retailer can deploy custom AI models to predict customers’ likelihood of buying specific types of clothing. These predictions enable hyper-personalized recommendations through appropriate channels like email, mobile apps, or social media.
- Healthcare Organization: Integrating CRM data (e.g., appointment history and patient feedback) with non-CRM data (e.g., patient demographics and medical history) enables a healthcare organization to deploy custom AI models that identify individuals at an increased risk of readmission. This knowledge informs personalized care plans, facilitating proactive medical care and improving overall medical outcomes.
- Financial Institution: By connecting CRM data (e.g., transaction history, credit score, and financial goals) with non-CRM data (e.g., market analysis or economic trends), a financial institution can deploy custom AI models that can identify a customer’s buying habits, investment choices, and financial goals. These insights inform personalized banking services and offers.
- “AI and data are revolutionizing the way businesses operate and innovate, and together Salesforce and Google are empowering organizations to unlock the full potential of their trusted data, put AI insights into action, and personalize customer experiences like never before. This partnership paves the way for unprecedented innovation and business value for our customers.” – David Schmaier, Chief Product Officer, Salesforce
AI and data are revolutionizing the way businesses operate and innovate, and together Salesforce and Google Cloud are empowering organizations to unlock the full potential of their trusted data, put AI insights into action, and personalize customer experiences like never before. This partnership paves the way for unprecedented innovation and business value for our customers. “DAVID SCHMAIER, CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER, SALESFORCE”
- “Google Cloud and Salesforce share a commitment to helping businesses accelerate their data-driven transformations. This new partnership brings together one of the world’s largest data clouds from Salesforce with analytics and AI capabilities from Google Cloud, and represents a significant leap forward in businesses’ ability to generate more value and insights from their customer data.” – Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud
Salesforce and Google Partnership Momentum
Salesforce and Google Cloud initiated their strategic technology partnership in 2017, bringing together two innovative companies to help customers transform marketing, sales, service, and commerce data into actionable insights and improved business outcomes.
Since then, organizations of all sizes and across industries have leveraged the combined capabilities of Google and Salesforce to enhance marketing, deliver AI-powered customer experiences, and increase capacity.
- The integration of Data Cloud and Google Vertex AI will undergo a pilot phase starting in mid-2023 and become generally available by late 2023.
- The Integration of Data Cloud and Google BigQuery will undergo a pilot phase starting in late 2023 and become generally available by early 2024.
- Soon after this year’s end, GA4 users will be able to connect their Marketing Cloud accounts to Google Analytics.