Salesforce Shows Off Slack GPT and a New Workflow Builder
Salesforce is on a mission to bring safe, creative AI to more parts of its platform. Slack, which is the chat interface for the Salesforce platform, is the next option for this change. Slack will build creative AI right into the user experience to help people work smarter, learn faster, and interact better.
The Slack GPT platform has a redesigned Slack workflow builder based on the idea of building blocks, which are pieces of functions that can be used over and over again. Some of the building blocks for workflows will be driven and backed by AI. The goal is to create creative AI-powered processes that anyone in an organization can “grab” and put into their own workflows. Right now, they are only available to developers.
Insights driven by Einstein GPT will soon make customer data come alive in Slack. We’ll go over the “what” and “why” of Slack GPT, the updated workflow builder, as well as some examples of how generative AI can improve the user experience and connect multiple tasks to really boost productivity.
What is Slack GPT?
AI will be built right into Slack, which will help people work smarter, learn faster, and talk better.
At TrailblazerDX, there were hints about Chat GPT for Slack. Slack says that this is the first part of their bigger plan for how creative AI will make the platform more productive.
Slack GPT has three main parts:
- AI will be built right into Slack, which will help people work smarter, learn faster, and talk better. For instance, AI-powered recaps of conversations and writing help will be available right in Slack.
- “Builders” on Slack will be able to make AI-powered processes without having to write any code. Each step will be a simple request. This makes it easy for anyone to use software that uses AI. For example, you could safely connect a large language model (LLM) like Open AI or Claude, or you could use the LLM of your choice, such as one of the many that are part of the Salesforce Ventures Generative AI Fund or, in the future, one of Salesforce’s own LLMs.
- Soon, there will be an Einstein GPT app for Slack. Insights driven by Einstein GPT will make customer data come to life in Slack.
Why does Slack GPT?
Slack thinks they have a special edge when it comes to creative AI because:
- All of the messages, files, and clips that are sent and shared every day in Slack add up to organizational knowledge that can be used on every project, issue, and team.
- A strong network of partners that can add third-party apps to Slack. There are about 2,600 apps, and some of the best large language models (LLMs), like Chat GPT and Claude, can be used with them.
- A safe, trusted platform that lets organizations decide how to connect their tools to creative AI
How Slack GPT Is Used
AI will be built right into Slack so that users can work smarter, learn faster, and talk better.
- With AI-generated channel highlights, you can start reading through a Slack channel and get caught up on new Slack messages with just one click.
- Huddle summaries: Huddles are talks that can be started on the spot in Slack. They help teams come up with ideas or fix problems. In the future, Slack GPT will be a virtual note-taker that summarises huddles with a clear review and next steps.
- AI-assisted writing: Having help with writing right in the Slack message creator will save you a lot of time. By writing a first draught, you can ask Slack GPT for help changing words or the tone.
- Documentation and information banks: You have a Canvas along with a Slack group. Slack Canvases are described as a “surface to capture and share knowledge with the ability to access and act on Salesforce data directly in Slack.” When Slack Canvas is used with the Slack GPT platform, you will be able to customize each canvas with time-saving tools. Also, you will soon be able to put processes right into Canvas so that you can act on the information right where it is.
Slack GPT Platform (For Developers)
The new platform is a big part of Slack’s plan to use AI to make new things. Organizations that want to build custom solutions on Slack can use the safe, open, and trusted platform as a base to add creative AI in a way that fits their needs. Bring your own AI model into Slack, for example. Slack GPT has APIs and tools for developers to help with this.
Since Open AI opened their APIs for Chat GPT, developers have made more than 4,000 unique apps for Slack that work with Chat GPT, according to Slack.
Slack has updated its workflow builder
The new version of the workflow maker is based on the idea of building blocks, which are pieces of functionality that can be used over and over again. Some of the building blocks for workflows will be driven and backed by AI.
Developers have been able to use these building blocks since last week when this improved tool became available to them all.
The goal of this platform is to let anyone build no-code workflows that automate actions across Slack, between different LLMs, and other tools in your tech stack. These workflows are driven by creative AI and can be used by coders or anyone else. This makes it easy to use data coming into and going out of Slack, as well as data happening inside Slack. At some point this summer, anyone in a company will be able to “grab” building blocks and put them into their own processes.
Einstein GPT App for Slack
Soon, insights driven by Einstein GPT will make customer data come alive in Slack. The examples in the next part show how this works in real life.
Slack GPT: Examples from Start to Finish
The examples below show how to put together multiple messages and acts using building blocks that can be put together.
Responses based on AI
This example workflow notifies the right reps when a new lead record comes into Sales Cloud, so they can respond faster when a prospect shows interest. However, this workflow can now go much further, so the salesperson doesn’t have to start from scratch. The representative could:
- Collect data from CRM records by asking Chat GPT to make a summary of the lead or account record and putting this information into a document for further editing.
- Write an email to a client.
- Create qualification questions that are specific to the question and the situation of their organization (for example, the business).
- Get a message when the information is ready, or tag the individual sales rep who owns the lead or account.
Slack or GPT can tell when each of these steps is done and move on to the next one without any help from the user.
Engineering Solutions to Incidents
Many tech companies use a tool called PagerDuty, which notifies users when a computer is having problems, which can be very important to the business.
When a PagerDuty event is closed, a workflow could:
- Prompt Chat GPT to give an overview of what happened, including when it started and when it ended, what happened, what caused it, and who was involved.
- If all the people who need to know about the event are members of the same Slack group, it’s easy to let them know the most important information.
- Put this overview on the Service Cloud.
- Keep the channel Canvas up-to-date for the future.
To Read more using official news published by Salesforce click here.
Slack GPT will make all of Slack’s tools that boost productivity stronger by integrating generative AI into the user experience. This will help users work smarter, learn faster, and interact better.
The Slack GPT platform has a new Slack workflow maker that is based on the idea of building blocks, which are small pieces of functionality that can be used over and over again. The goal is to create creative AI-powered processes that anyone in an organization can “grab” and put into their own workflows. Right now, they are only available to developers.
Slack did a study of 18,000 desk workers to get a feel for how productive employees are. Only 27% of businesses are using AI tools to make their work more efficient right now. Those who use technology at work, on the other hand, say they save an average of 3.6 hours per week that they can spend on more important work. This is at least one working month per employee per year. This is why Slack thinks that creative AI and automation are the keys to making employees more productive and happy.